There are a lot of home pricing resources out there, and some are far better than others.
When it’s time to sell your house, you may be feeling a little anxious. A chapter of your life is closing. There’s a lot of money on the table. You may be thinking “Is my house priced too high?” “Too low?” “Am I leaving too much money on the table?” These are big questions.
Luckily, you have a few resources at your disposal to figure out where your house stands among the crowd: My Mobile Agents Realty’s expertise and guidance, plus online property sites to get insight into the market.
So take a deep breath. Then do your homework. The more you know, the more confident you’ll be when it’s time to make those big decisions.
Turn to Local Experts [MyMobile Agents Realty] Because They Know Their S#_T.
The good news: Local market info is freely available online, so you, the seller, can get a sense of what your house is worth.
The bad news: Local market info is freely available online, so most buyers will also have a general idea of what they think your home is worth.
When pricing your house, My Mobile Agents Realty has your back in a way an online property listing site just can’t.
My Mobile Agent:
- Has real world experience in your community.
- Knows the nuances of your neighborhood’s micro-market.
- Can expertly assess how your home compares to similar ones recently sold in your area.
- Can tour your property to determine, inside and out, where your house fits in the real estate landscape.
A website will do none of the above.
Yes, My Mobile Agents does consider online market data to help set the price of your home. We also rely on first-hand knowledge about your home’s unique perks and quirks, as well as the neighborhood, to better inform your listing price.
My Mobile Agents Realty also recommend ways to market your house.
That being said, you’ll want to have your own sense of what your house is worth too. As invaluable as My Mobile Agents Realty is to your selling journey, being the seller means you’re also the final decision maker.
So keep your laptop out. We’re going to do a little research.
Search online property sites [because they’ll give in real-life experience some context.]
Millennials are the largest group of home buyers today, according to a NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®’ report, and they overwhelmingly start their buying journey — where else? — online.
The internet is there for you as well — to an extent — when you’re ready to sell your home.
Online property sites can give you a sense of local real estate trends, including your city’s median listing price, median closing price, and the average price per square foot. As you search, there are a couple of important things to do:
- Pay attention to houses in your area that are similar to your own in terms of size, attributes, and location. When you work with a listing agent to price your home, these houses will provide the main criteria for setting the amount.
- Take notes about the pack. As you look at online listings, think carefully about why your house is worth more or less than similar houses in your community. The better you’re able to articulate these nuances to your listing agent, the better prepared the agent will be to list your home at an accurate and competitive price.
Having this information can also give you confidence in the price your My Mobile Agent ultimately recommends — you’ll know what’s standard for the market, and how the price determined for your house lines up. Unlike the internet, My Mobile Agents Realty can give you a complete picture of what your home’s price should be and why.
Also, as you search, be aware that not all real estate listing sites are created equal.
The takeaway: Seller, beware. Consider your online source. Take what you’ve learned from online listings to your My Mobile Agent, talk about what’s really best for you and your home.